Somerset is now in Tier 4 lockdown, along with three quarters of the rest of the country.
The rules are similar to the last national lockdown
- Pubs, bars and restaurants can only serve takeaway
- Hotels must close their doors
- Indoor gyms and leisure centres must close
- No shooting or golf
- Personal care services and non-essential retail must close
- People living in Tier 4 cannot bubble with other households
- Residents should stay at home as much as possible
- Residents should not enter or leave Tier 4 areas unless for essential reasons
- Residents from Tier 4 areas should not stay overnight in other areas
- They cannot go abroad apart from “limited exceptions” such as work
- People should work from home if they can
- Communal worship may continue
- Weddings and civil partnerships can only take place in exceptional circumstances, with a limit of six attendees.
Here is the official Government communique for South Somerset District:
A confirmed case is where a person has had a positive test result for Coronavirus.
There were 58 new people with a confirmed positive test result reported on 30 December 2020.(December 22: 55)
Total number of people who have had a confirmed positive test result as of 30 December 2020 was 2,574. (December 22: 2182)
There were 6 new deaths within 28 days of a positive test for Coronavirus reported on 30 December 2020. (22 December: None)
Total number of people who have died within 28 days of testing positive for Coronavirus as of 29 December 2020 was 86. (21 December: 77).
Positive Covid tests in Wincanton, Cheriton, Charlton Horethorne (includes Horsington Marsh): 17 December:17, 24 December :14
Templecombe, Henstridge, Milborne Port (Included Horsington Village):17 December: 6, 24 Dec:11.
Yeovil Hospital: On 30 December There were 7 new cases , and 66 patients (22 Dec:60), of whom 5 are on ventilation. 22Dec: 3).
Happy New year everyone. Things can only get better (or not).-Ed